Through the tenets of the HeartSpeak program, young people will be given a chance to further develop their creative talents and gain valuable hands-on experience as media producers to spread the HeartSpeak message to a larger audience. HeartSpeak teaching artists will guide participating teens as they learn about the uses and influences of electronic media. The teen tech team will leadand manage the collection and editing of multimedia pieces for the HeartSpeak project at their school site and at other HeartSpeak venues. The skills nurtured through participation in this project are easily transferable to opportunities in higher education as well as the professional realm. All materials created can be adapted for inclusion in college application submissions and creative portfolios.
Team members will:
- Record, log, store and edit multimedia material for the HeartSpeak project.
- Interview students, staff and other administrators from all HeartSpeak partner sites.
- Produce and edit additional audiovisual material, PSAs and other media that will be uploaded and displayed on several web portals, including the ArtWell website, partner sites and media partner connections.
- Document monthly city-wide poetry slams such as HeartSpeak Live and events at the West Philadelphia performance space The Rotunda.
- Participate in film screenings and culminating events in partner site throughout the city.